Overview Of: Materials
The Time Compression Materials Zone includes information on the materials used in rapid prototyping and manufacturing processes as well materials used for production parts. It obviously covers such materials as photopolymers and metal powders, but also includes other thermoplastics, metals, composites and more.
Most Recent Content:
Quickparts (www.quickparts.com) is now offering the durable Somos NeXt material in its rapid prototyping services.
Research Further - Browse This Zone By Type:
Most Recent Content in this Zone:
Autodesk Apps for DIY 3D Models
11/8/2011 MT Additive
- Autodesk is amping up its commitment to the Maker community through its introduction of two new applications for its Autodesk 123D software—apps that allow creating 3D models based on photos, whether taken with a smart phone or an SLR camera. “Today’s DIYers need a range of cutting-edge 3D tools to make the most of the artistic and economic opportunities in the emerging maker movement,” said Samir Hanna, vice president of Consumer Products at Autodesk. “Autodesk is committed to removing obstacles to creativity and innovation in this time of the new industrial revolution.” The apps are 123D Catch, for Windows-based systems, and 123D Make, for Mac OS.
3M Film Design Turns Ordinary Windows into Solar Panels
10/7/2011 MT Additive
- Although the designs of many household solar panels are such that installation requires the skills of full-blown professionals, 3M has developed a see-through solar film that changes not only the idea of what solar panels look like, but also how they are installed.
IBM & 3M: Collaboration for Product Development
9/8/2011 MT Additive
- Here’s a case of some clever collaboration: IBM is noted for its computing prowess. 3M is noted for its adhesive excellence.
Listen Up: High-End Audio Appealing
8/5/2011 MT Additive
- Developers of audio systems ought to take note of a survey just released by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), which indicates that the demand for high-quality audio electronics is, well, high.
Solidscape’s Latest Model Material Offers Flexibility, Durability
8/3/2011 MT Additive
- Solidscape, a manufacturer of 3D printers and materials for lost wax casting and mold making applications, is offering a new model material: plusCAST.